How to be creative in 1 step:
Make something. Anything.
It doesn't have to be the best thing you've ever made. It doesn't even need to be good. It just needs to be something you made. And you need to acknowledge that you made it.
When I get stuck in a rut, I try to see the creative side of daily tasks. Here's some creative things I've done recently, most of which have nothing to do with music:
- wrote songs
- created ads at work
- crocheted ugly mittens that don't fit
- made soup from scratch
- carved a pumpkin
- came up with an idea for coffee drinking. so i wrote it down.
- made my apartment messy
- made my apartment clean
- decorated for Halloween
- built a website
- started this blog
- made my brain listen to new music
- pancakes. creative because I hadn't made them in a while.
- I exercised, which is a creative way to be less flubbery
- conversations with humans
- tried a new wine (s)
Oh, I almost forgot. I dressed up my dragon as Prince for Halloween.
Creative living. Just make something.