NYC: Day 4, The "Everything Bagel" Is Referring to the Bread, Not The Stuff On The Bagel
Today was a good one.
- I went to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. This likely will be a future post.
- I had lunch with a musician who has a habit of convincing me I'm on the right path.
- I bought a book for my Mar. 8th book club. Wouldn't wanna rush these things.
- I snagged a fresh, hot apple cider from a small Union Square market for $1.50. <3
- Next comes the exciting part: I got an Everything Bagel. The other day I ordered a bagel, but everyone around me ordered an "everything bagel." I wanted to experience this mystery, so I asked about the everything bagel. Turns out, it's the type of bread. It has poppy seeds and sesame seeds and anything else that you'd like to accessorize bread with. (I've decided it's impossible to order an everything bagel GF, because as soon as you take away the gluten, the bagel no longer contains everything) PS I ordered it with low-fat veggie cream cheese and a tomato. 10/10 would recommend.
- I had a nap. Important.
- I caught both a bus and a train at the very last second today. Very New York of me.
- Finally, Vanessa and I went to this adorable hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant in Manhattan. Would recommend: Maroni Hot Pots. Our pasta was served in pots.
- Now I'm drinking wine and finishing Vanessa's leftover pasta that she bet me I wouldn't be able to eat tonight. Joke's on her.
Thanks for a great day, NYC.